morican

Uploaed files on the server, but where to enter the license?

Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi, I uploaded software file on the server. When I go to " http://www.mydomain.com/_install/install.php " I see only a single page, my site name is written on the top of the page, below 'This is a future home page' is written, on top right language section drop menu. So, I can not add license key...
Anyone knows where to look for finding problem?

Thank you..
Morican

anastasia.m

Re: Uploaed files on the server, but where to enter the license?

Sun May 20, 2012 5:40 pm

hello

when you enter the url, at yourdomain.com you replace it with your domain name, right?

Have you uploaded the files from ABK to your server?

morican

Mon May 21, 2012 3:05 am

Hello,

Yes I replace it with my domain.
I "tried" to upload the software files. I'm doing this first time, so i thought i made a mistake while uploading.

For example;

Q: " Hi, i need some help, where and how to upload files on the server in binary mode? Need detailed answer, please. "
A: "Please check your FTP client instruction."

Another example: "Your domain is parked. Please make changes in your cPanel.Then you can install it."

The problem is, they answer my questions as if i am web master already, but i am not!
This can be very easy problem with people who're used to, but i have to learn what to do from the beginning with this issue by myself.

Thank you for your care anastasia.m

anastasia.m

Wed May 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello again :)
ok let me understand...
the domain you have it is already been registered as a parked domain?
A parked domain is when you make your domain available for different advertisement to "park there" ( =shown through your domain). In this case, you should talk with your hosting support to unmark your domain as parked domain.
When you received the zip file from ABK they guide you to unzip the folder and upload the files to your server. Let me try to describe this...
Let's say you have received from ABK the chameleon.zip. You download it to your pc. Then unzip it (using win zip, win rar, 7zip, etc.). Following you have to contact your hosting company and give you instruction how to connect with ftp to your server. Usually you have to download an ftp client (for example FileZilla) and then connect to your server. More details about "how to upload files on my server" should be provide by your hosting company.
After you connect through ftp client to your server, you should place the files that are included to the chameleon.zip (look above, the zip we have extracted) to the http/www folder in your server.

No one born as webmaster so chill out ;)

If you are still uncomfortable about uploading the files to the server, contact you hosting company and tell them "I have some file, that I need to upload to the server, how to do it?"

Feel free to ask anything here :)

Good luck!

morican

Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Finally done with anastasia.m 's great post...
Thank you very much again:)

anastasia.m

Thu May 24, 2012 4:41 pm

No problem! :) I'm glad that I helped you... ;)

gavind

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:50 pm

I was looking at this too. I'm just glad an old post like this was helpful.

Return to “Chameleon Installation and Upgrades”