kisssssss

MD5 encrypted password & Forgot password? does not work

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:26 am

Dear Sirs

In Admin panel I can see user password field and it looks something like that 818121b51acaf5c90408131dcd38d8e4

I opened a ticket and asked how to view user actual real password instead of these numbers 818121b51acaf5c90408131dcd38d8e4

Then I got a reply in ticket, they said do this http://clients.websplosion.com/index.ph ... d=26&nav=0

After unchecking the MD5 encrypted password option now I can see a big mess. My users can not login to the site, I have 3 accounts on my site and no one is working. It says Wrong password or log in information.

Second problem is, when I click on forgot password button and in the next step enter the email address. Site says the mail has been sent to the email account. But in email, inbox, junk or spam folders I do not get any reset password email.

I tried Yahoo, Gmail and even Hotmail but can not see any email to reset password. Check Inbox, spam and junk folders.

My corn job works fine, because I get the normal emails when someone visits the profile or registers then emails work fine but with forgot my email button does not send email.

Appreciate your prompt help please.

Regards

rhodesv

Re: MD5 encrypted password & Forgot password? does not work

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:29 am

Second problem is, when I click on forgot password button and in the next step enter the email address. Site says the mail has been sent to the email account. But in email, inbox, junk or spam folders I do not get any reset password email.

Has your SMTP been set up already? Perhaps this is the reason why the mail was not sent out.

Return to “Chameleon Troubleshooting and Problems”